Subject: Tonneau Cover Models: 911 Cabriolet ALL
Bulletin Number: 84 – 01
The optional tonneau cover for the 911 Cabriolet is now available through the Parts Dept. for service installation.
Quantity Part No. Description
1 911.581.923.00 Tonneau Cover
1 911.561.921.00 mounting parts kits
- Remove trim covers from upper portion of door (screws located under trim caps)
- Mount brackets and holders on doors in approximate positions shown.
- Slide self-tapping nuts onto holders at front of doors.
- Cut out 60 mm section of door recess seal for clearance at rear bracket mounting.
- Drill 3.5 mm holes in tops of brackets for installation of bottom sections of Tenax snaps.
Hole locations to be determined by 600 mm dimension in top photo.
- Check to fit of door upper trim covers. Cut out foam on back of trim if necessary.
- Mark location of holes for Tenax snaps in trim covers.
- Drill 3.5 mm holes in trim covers.
- Install trim covers and screw in bottom sections of Tenax snaps (arrows)
- Remove trim caps from instrument panel and screw in bottom sections of Tenax snaps.
- Pull back carpeting from heel plate and shift tunnel at rear
- Cut away insulation and install bracket on center of heel plate to dimension indicated. Fasten bracket with four screws (arrows)
- Cement carpeting back over heel plate and bracket.
- Puncture carpeting at mounting holes
- Install two trim screws in outboard holes and one Tenax snap bottom section in center hole (arrows)
- Mount Tenax snap bottom sections on side members at location indicated.
- Install tonneau cover to rear of opening on existing snaps (Tenax and standard)
- Stretch cover forward and mark location of existing Tenax snap bottom sections which are directly behind doors on each side.
- Cut 9 mm holes in tonneau cover and install upper sections of Tenax snaps (use special key supplied)
- Fasten Tenax snaps at this location
Tenax snaps are fastened and unfastened only with the upper section of snap pulled out.
- Mark location of mounting points on rear of doors
- Cut 9 mm holes in tonneau cover and mount upper sections of Tenax snaps.
- Fasten Tenax snaps at this location.
- Stretch center of cover forward to instrumental panel and mark location of mounting point.
- Install upper section of snap to cover and fasten to instrument panel.
- Stretch cover forward and outward. Mark locations of mounting points at sides of instrument panel and front of doors.
- Install upper sections of snaps to cover and fasten to instrument panels and doors.
home page: klassikats.com