Subject: New Voltage Regulator Models: 911/928 1984
Bulletin Number: 83 – 01
To prevent voltage regulator failure due to high temperatures, a new regulator is being installed as of start of production 1984 model year.
The new regulator is identifiable by its aluminum housing and two cable connections.
- Remove old voltage regulator
- Install angled connector on terminal B+ of alternator making sure that the bottom tip of connector is inserted in hole of diode plate (Figure 2)
- Install new voltage regulator
- Connect blue wire from voltage regulator to negative terminal (-) of alternator
- Connect yellow wire from voltage regulator to new angled connector on B+ terminal of alternator
home page: klassikats.com