Subject: New Ambient Air Valve to Eliminate Rattling Noises Models: 911 Carrera 1986
Bulletin Number: 87 – 05
The ambient air valve for oil tank breathing and the mounting bracket have been modified to eliminate rattling noises.
From production date October 1986 VIN:
91 HS 120684 911 Coupe
91 HS 160454 911 Targa
91 HS 170623 911 Cabriolet
The old version air valve is no longer available as a spare part.
When installing new valve on older cars, the following parts have to be replaced.
Part Numbers Description
- 930.207.227.01 Ambient air valve
- 930.207.237.02 Bracket
- 930.207.236.01 Hose, long
- 930.207.236.01 Hose, short
- N 023.5702 Clamp (2 required)
Work sequence to install new air valve:
- Remove air filter and air flow meter.
- Remove bracket and air valve together with hoses (3 and 4 in Figure II). Pull off small hose (A in Figure II).
- Mount new bracket.
- Install new hoses (3 and 4) on air valve. Do not tighten clamps at this time. Connection for short hose is marked with an arrow on air valve. (See Figure I) Hose’s diameter at air valve is 9mm (was 10mm).
- Install air valve in clamping bracket. Install hoses on throttle valve housing and regulator valve and small hose on proper routing. Do not kink hoses. Tighten all hose clamps.
- Install air flow meter and air filter.
Labor operation 17 83 19 00 80 T.U.
Incorrect vacuum hose connection on temperature switch (B in Figure II) can cause rattling noise. Angled connection of temperature switch connects to vacuum source and straight connection to air valve.
home page: klassikats.com