Subject: Engine Performance Models: 911 Turbo ALL
Bulletin Number: 88 – 11
Loose or poor ground connections may cause intermittent loss of power or poor engine performance. To check for this condition, inspect MP XII (location A in Figure 1) and correct as follows:
- Remove intercooler.
- Remove M8 nuts from locations A, B, and C.
- Lift coil bracket and use sandpaper to remove the paint from bracket in the area of stud hole C top and bottom and stud hole B topside.
- Clean ground wire terminal and check terminal crimping.
- Apply light coat of battery pole grease on all cleaned bracket surfaces.
- Reinstall coil bracket. Relocate ground wire A onto location B and torque M8 nuts to 20 Nm (14 ft. lbs.).
- Reinstall intercooler using new O-ring seals.
Time Allowance: 50 T.U.
Important Notice: Technical Bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, not a “Do-it-yourselfer.” They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Special tools may be required to perform certain operations identified in these bulletins. Use of tools and procedures other than those recommended in these bulletins may be detrimental to the safe operation of your vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, do not assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your Porsche dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. Part numbers listed in these bulletins are for reference only. Always check with your authorized Porsche dealer to verify correct part numbers.
home page: klassikats.com