Subject: Chain Sprocket Support Models: 911 1980
Bulletin Number: 80 – 02
Modifications during 1980 model year: Retrofitting earlier cars
(as of Engine No. 930/07.640.0451) New parts can be installed in earlier cars as follows:
- Install chain tensioner, Part No. 930.105.053.00 and add sprocket support, Part No. 930.105.509.00/510.00, together. (Previous chain tensioner, Part No. 930.105.049.00 cannot be used with new sprocket support or vice versa)
- Use either new or old chain housing; however, when installing new sprocket support into old chain housing, part No. 930.105.061.00/062.00, upper chain tensioner support shaft in housing must be polished with a fine polishing cloth
Both new and old parts are available as replacement parts.
- Chain sprocket supports have wider bearing (1)
- Upper mounting boss (3) on chain tensioner has been narrowed
- Upper mounting shaft (4) in chain housing is now polished.
|I Chain Tensioner||930.105.049.00||930.105.03.00|
|II Chain Sprocket Support, L. Chain Sprocket Support, R.||901.105.505.02 901.105.506.02||930.105.509.00 930.105.510.00|
|III Chain Housing, Left Chain Housing, Right||930.105.061 930.105.062.00||930.105.061.02 930.105.062.01|
|Note: Bushing in chain sprocket support is not available as a spare part.|
home page: klassikats.com