Subject: Bleed CIS System if Fuel Lines are Opened Models: 911/924 ALL
Bulletin Number: 77 – 02
Bleeding of system is necessary if, during CIS repairs, any fuel lines are loosened or removed.
CIS bleeding operation
- Remove all injectors at engine
- Place injectors in Tester US4480.
- Remove rubber elbow from top if air flow sensor
- Remove fuel pump relay at fuse/relay panel and install jumper switch adapter US4480/3
- Switch fuel pump on with switch on US4480/03
- Move airflow sensor plate up and down over its full travel for approximately 2 minutes
- Switch off fuel pump
- Reinstall rubber elbow over sensor plate
- Reinstall fuel pump relay on fuse/relay panel
- Re-insert injectors in engine (use new rubber seals, Part No. 063.133.557)
- Pour accumulated fuel in tubes of US4480 back into fuel tank.
- Start engine and check for proper operation.