Subject: Inside Door Latch Mechanism Models: 911 1985
Bulletin Number: 86 – 05
To reduce the operating force on the inside door latch, the mechanism has been modified.
- Cable is replaced by Bowden cable with spring.
- Reversing bracket with more favorable reversing ratio.
- Pull rod length changed.
Instruction: March 20, 1985
As of VIN: 91 7FS 121.227
91 9FS 161.176
91 9FS 170.577
New Part Numbers:
- 911.531.509.01 Cable
- 911.531.083.01 Bracket Left
- 911.531.084.01 Bracket Right
- 911.531.091.01 Pull Rod
- 999.507.009.02 Snap Nut 3.5mm
- 900.145.032.02 Metal Screw 3.5 x 13mm
The modified inside door mechanism can be installed retroactively as of M.Y 1974.
- Remove door trim panel (window remains closed). (Special Tool P9231 is needed)
- Pull off plastic foil.
- Remove reversing bracket with spring and pull rod.
- Remove bracket (A) and unclip cable on door lock. Remove cable (note routing)
- Pull off both snap nuts. Mark location of holes (see sketch). Center punch and drill holes 5+0.2mm. (Some 85 model cars already have these holes)
- Treat edges of holes with rust preventing paint.
- Connect new cable on door lock and bracket (3).
- Mount cable with bracket (A).
- Install new reversing bracket with new pull rod. IMPORTANT: Pull rod on long lever arm, cable on short lever arm.
- Paste on plastic foil and reinstall door trim panel.
One Door 140 T.U.
Both Doors 270 T.U.
Hole Pattern (Seen from below) / Scale: 1:1 (mm)
home page: https://www.klassikats.com