Subject: Antenna Rod Replacement Models: 911/92
Bulletin Number: 81 – 01
Replacement antenna rods are now available for power antenna (Rod part No. 477.035.513)
Antenna rod, replacing
- Turn radio ON to raise antenna rod
- Using 12-mm wrench, loosen and remove bushing nut at base of rod
- Pull antenna rod together with plastic rope from bushing (sometimes it becomes necessary to pull quite hard)
- Insert end of plastic rope of replacement antenna rod into bushing
- Switch radio OFF
- Push plastic rope into bushing until antenna motor takes over and pulls the rope in
- Insert antenna rod into bushing
- Reinstall and tighten bushing nut
- Check antenna operation by raising and lowering antenna several times.
- Switch on radio, so that antenna rod moves out, loosen nut brushing.
- Remove antenna rod, including plastic rope. Sometimes it is necessary to pull hard.
- Insert the plastic rope of spare antenna rod P/N 477.035.513
- Switch off radio. It is necessary that the plastic rope be pushed into the antenna until the antenna motor takes over and is pulling the rope.
- Insert antenna rod in antenna bushing and tighten nut bushing. Operate power antenna several times.
home page: klassikats.com